Cycle Trailer - Follow Me Tandem

I'd been told about these a few years ago and now it's time to fit one.
The issue I have is that there is no "off the shelf" mount that will allow me to still use the bicycles rear stand in combination with my bicycles hub gears. 

With a cassette and derailuer set up the Follow Me Tandem fittings replace the bolts on the end of the rear axle, and there is an attachment to enable fitting to bicycles with hub gears but this won't fit because of the design of my bike rack and integrated flip down stand, which I want to keep too.

My plan is to machine some of my own mounts out of stainless steel and bolt them to the vertical tubes of the bike rack support.

Here's some pictures of the quick release axle and the mounts for the Follow Me Tandem

 

 

Machining on the lathe

Cutting the slots on the mill

Part way through the first one

Final pair with one disassembled to show how they will bolt together over the bike rack




 

Comments