Lost the bike lock key

Cycled to the waterpark and used the frame lock to lock the bike. This locks the wheel so it can't rotate. 

Playing with the kids in the waterpark for several hours and it comes to the time to leave. 

The bike is loaded up with the kids wet clothes, various bags of stuff and the small bike is also hooked up to the back.

No key in my pocket or anywhere in the park.

Cycle Nat's bike home to pick up a skate board and another bungee.

Bungee the skateboard to the back wheel and hook it into the bike stand so that the wheel is raised off the ground and just a single set of the skateboard trucks is on the ground - both sets on the ground don't work as you can't steer the skateboard.

Push the whole contraption home, slowly and watching out for kerbs.

Angle grind the lock off.

 

 

The frame lock was a type that locks the key in the lock so you can't keep the key on a larger bunch of keys. It is this that I think meant it was easier for it to fall out of my pocket. 

The AXA replacement lock I have fitted doesn't keep the key in the lock so I can have the key on my main bunch of keys the whole time, plus it came with a spare!

I did try and get a spare key cut but the locksmith cut the spare onto a key that wouldn't fit the lock and never got around to trying to get a spare cut again.

Comments