New Pedals

I bought these brown Union pedals but they have started locking up and the design seems to be completely un-serviceable. 

On original old pedals the domed cap on the end of the pedal can pop off and expose the bearings and the nut to adjust them, oil them or even replace them. These have no cap and the treads are pinned in place so that if they were taken apart I don't think they would go back together with the same strength. I also find they have no grip when the sole of my shoe is wet and often have my foot slipping off.

 

So reverting to my mountain biking days have bought MBR magazines best buy pedals - Burgtex Mk4s which also come in brown!

These have metal studs in which I have memories of gouging my shins mountain biking but now grip my shoe like they're clipped in. They are completely worth the money for the improvement in grip. I hope they'll last longer than 4000 miles and can be serviced when they need to be.... Lets see what happens.

The more original looking cranks are on now too.

 

 


Comments